Monday, May 4, 2009

Scully's Story

Well, now you've seen a photo of this amazing pooch. Now here's what I know of his beginnings...

Scully was rescued by Fran, the Animal Control Officer at the time ins Warren, RI. I called different animal shelters because I knew I wanted to make a difference in an animal's life. I wanted him or her to be a rescue. Anyway, I was hoping for a small, "apartment-sized" dog because of my personal situation. I was thrilled when Fran called me back and told me she had a Corgi-Chihuahua mix. He'd been there a week and had just been neutered. She told me he was skin and bones but had a sweet personality. He'd been starved and chained outside and she removed him from the premises...she'd been giving him canned dog food to "fatten him up." I could go by and see him the next day.

So the next day my friend and his basset hound took a ride to Warren to see if "Lucky" as Fran had called him, would be "the one." I went inside and she went to get him...she'd been letting him walk around freely inside and he was very shy. I waited in the office and I turned around and saw him peeking by the door as he paused before coming closer to me. He looked me in the eye with those big, brown eyes and I was "hooked." He came toward me slowly still and he let me pet him. I knew I wanted him to come home with me....so we went outside and he got along well with Precious...so he came home with me and th rest is history.

He's part of my life- my family and he listens without judging and I can't imagine my life without him. I guess I became Scully's haven. It's my goal that He becomes a haven for other animals.

Scully thanks you for visiting and so do I. ~Jenny and Scully ^..^ '

No comments:

Post a Comment